Top Talent helps us to improve lives around the world.
Who are we?
LABORIE is an industry-leading innovator, manufacturer and supplier of medical technologies and devices, with headquarters in the United States, Canada and the Netherlands. We enjoy a strong diversity of talent with 650 global employees. We have grown significantly over the past several years and continue to invest in new technologies, companies and regions.
LABORIE takes great pride in supporting doctors, nurses, hospitals, clinics, academic institutions and patients with treatment and diagnostic innovations. We are focused on educating healthcare providers and their patients on the latest solutions in Urological and Gastrointestinal health.
Culture and Growth
LABORIE is focused on creating new and exciting career opportunities and professional challenges for existing and prospective employees. In addition to working with great people, we promote a supportive work culture and offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits programs, as well as many opportunities for career advancement.
At LABORIE, we take the long view of success. We are privately owned by Patricia Industries, a part of Swedish-based Investor AB owned by the Wallenberg Family. Our owners value sustainable and profitable growth.
More than one hundred years ago the Wallenberg Foundation was created to form the unique vision recognized today as “the Wallenberg Ecosystem”. This ecosystem enables the Foundation to distribute more than $235 million USD annually for basic research and education in science and medicine and also to reinvest in existing or new companies.
LABORIE is proud to belong to this ecosystem.
The Wallenberg Ecosystem:
The Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation:
Working as a part of the Global Human Resource Team, the HRBP will develop and implement HR strategies that support the business goals and drive strong employee engagement for all of Laborie’s businesses operating outside North America, including our direct markets across Europe and the emerging markets served through Distributors.
A central feature of this new position is your role as the HR sparring partner for the General Manager and the country and regional managers based in the various European countries. Together you will build and work towards advancing the organisational objectives and ultimately increasing turnover growth.
The organisation’s strategy involves a significant Merger and Acquisition program… with a number of acquisitions on the horizon. Part of your role as HRBP will be to supervise these acquisitions. You should have the business and organisational insight to do this. With your HR experience in change management and expertise in cultural issues, you will be able to successfully implement these changes within the organisation. And have the ability to develop innovative HR solutions throughout integration. You will be the strategic business partner for the General Manager.
In addition to supporting growth, you will advise, support, develop and implement tactical/strategic policy, sometimes proactively from your own perspective, but often also within the framework of the international organisation. It goes without saying that all-round HR advisory work (including individual cases) will be part of your day-to-day work.
Themes you will work on:
– Leadership development (country managers/regional managers)
– Talent Acquisition – Lead the recruitment process
– Talent Management – Partner with Senior Management to build a workforce plan
– Total Rewards – developing strategies and execute bonus administration
– Policies and compliance – design, educate and roll out
You will also initiate and/or participate in a range of HR projects, such as:
– Project law GDPR
– (Talent) development programmes
You will work together with your HR colleague based in Enschede and the Global HR team based in the U.S. and Canada to provide HR services for the organisation. You will responsible for your territory (Europe) and report to the Chief HR Officer in the U.S.
This role is based in Amsterdam, the Company’s European Commercial Headquarters. A short train ride to Enschede, Netherlands is where the shared service center and staff departments for Europe are located. International meetings are held in Amsterdam, where you will meet many of your internal customers and stakeholders.
Is this you?
This role requires a strategic communicator with solid business administration and HR skills, plus a powerful intellect.
You should be an HR generalist and able to assist and encourage management from different countries. As an HR professional, you can stay afloat under challenging dynamic conditions. You love your job and you’re willing to approach everything you do with commitment and a strong sense of ownership. You can easily adapt to different cultures and situations. You can build strong bonds between the different entities within the organisation.
A strong sparring partner and an initiator with a results-oriented attitude. You know how to bridge the gap between the local needs of the European organization and the frameworks of the parent organisation in Canada and the U.S.
– Independent, takes initiative and keeps a 30,000-foot view. You can draw up plans and turn them into actions. It is easy for you to set the right priorities.
– Organisationally sensitive. You can forge a bond between the different entities within the organisation.
– Communicates proactively and maintains good relationships with the Chief HR Officer in the U.S.
– Educated to bachelor’s level (HBO) in a relevant field (e.g. HRM or business administration). Master’s Degree preferred.
– Has a good command of the English and Dutch language, both spoken and written. This is an absolute must. Solid command of French and German is an advantage.
– Skilled, with at least 10 years of HR generalist experience in an international (global) organisation, with (some) internal clients also located outside the Netherlands;
– Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
– Well informed about the various employment legislation and regulations in place in countries where Laborie is located. This is an advantage.
– Of course willing to travel (internationally)
Why work at Laborie?
This role is new, so there is room to customise the position to your own needs, within existing frameworks. In your role, you will truly have an influence on the international organisation and see the fruits of your work. You will be able to grow with the organisation.
You will have the opportunity to truly make this role your own, and the compensation and benefits package is impressive
– An independent HR Business Partner role in a global team, with plenty of room for personal input
– Influential position in a financially healthy and growing organisation with plenty of ambition
– Based in Amsterdam
– Full-time position (Dutch contract for HR Manager) for one year with a view to a permanent contract
– Salary depending on knowledge and experience, between 75K – 85K gross annually
– Excellent development opportunities
The hiring procedure is managed by Ja! HRM Specialisten (Amersfoort – Zwolle). For more information, please contact Elize Sellies or Jan van den Brink (038-2022632). Elize is available on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
You may apply through the website of Ja! HRM Specialisten. The application must be written in English. If you have a Dutch written resume we’d like to receive that either.
Checking references and assessment may be part of the hiring procedure. We will only contact your references after we have discussed this with you and you have given your consent for this.
Ja! HRM Specialisten mediates this vacancy exclusively. Our client does not wish to be contacted directly or by (recruitment) agencies.